If you’ve ever even thought about getting married, you probably know that wedding gowns are expensive. Wedding dresses are always in demand, and sellers know that– so they charge outrageous prices. Luckily buying your dream dress–while emptying your bank account– isn’t your only option. If you want to keep expenses at a minimum, perhaps renting a wedding gown keeps your budget– and your husband-to-be*– a little happier. Check out this list of wedding dress rental pros and cons and you be the judge of what’s best for you:
Pros of Renting a Wedding Gown
- Brand name wedding dresses at a fraction of the price
- Most rental stores offer your dream dress in a selection of sizes and let you try them prior to purchase
- A dry cleaning service may be part of the deal
- Your wedding dress won’t take up space in your closet after the big day
Cons of Renting a Wedding Gown
- You’ll only have the dress for a limited time– plan bridal photos and vacations accordingly to send the dress back on time
- You may not be able to make significant alterations
- If you’re sentimental, you can’t hold on your gown with wedding dress preservation to cherish in years to come
- No re-sale value
- It can be hard to find a wedding dress rental shop in your city
No matter what way you find your dream dress, be sure to take photos in your dress every minute of your wedding day to look back on later.
Wedding dress rentals: Borrowing Magnolia
Wedding gown and bridesmaid dress rentals: Vow to be Chic
Wedding gown and bridesmaid dress rentals: Rent the Runway
*If you think you want to keep your dress for years to come, you can still save money by having your husband-to-be rent his tuxedo :
Groom wedding tux rentals, Mother of the Bride or Groom gown rentals, Flower Girl dress rentals: Couture House Rentals
What do you think? Is renting the way to go, or would you prefer to buy your dress to keep or sell later?
Let us know in the comments or on our social media pages!