Museums Don’t Seal Garments – Neither Should You
Similar to museum heirloom dress storage, our Museum Method™ wedding dress preservation uses a Cotton Bag Hanging method of wedding gown preservation that will keep your gown in better condition than boxing or sealing it.
Wedding Gown Preservation Benefits
- Your gown is easily accessible. You can inspect your gown to ensure that it has been cleaned to your satisfaction and admire it any time you like.
- Your dress is protected from damage from wrinkles and creases. Fabric, like paper, is weakened from folding, often resulting in tears or permanent creases. With Museum Method creases and wrinkles are almost non-existent!
- Your dress is protected from acid migration. The acid-free and lignin free tissue or cotton muslin fill (depending on which package you select) absorbs acid which could damage your gown.
- Your dress fabric can breathe! Museum conservators all agree that heirloom garments need to breathe. Our cotton cover does not seal in any moisture or chemicals, thus reducing the risk of damage from mildew or chemicals.
- Your wedding gown preservation bag can be personalized! You can choose to add a custom label to your preservation bag with the bride and groom’s names, and wedding date and location on it. It is ironed onto the bag’s front pocket to personalize it.
7. You can store a wedding photo and a a written story of your special day in the back pocket of the preservation bag.
8. Strapless gowns can also be preserved in a preservation bag. We will sew cotton straps into the lining of the gown to hang it. And the gown is very well supported with acid-free tissue in the bodice as well.
Get your Wedding Gown Preservation Costs with our
Instant Online Quote Form.
Budget tight? Do it-yourself with a Museum Method™ wedding gown preservation kit.
- Learn more about Heritage Garment Preservation Bridal Gown Cleaning and Preservation Processes and Packages.