Free Shipping Terms
All Free shipping offers on our website are valid for customers located within the continental USA. Hawaii, Alaska and Canadian customers pay separately for shipping their wedding gowns to our northern California facility and then we will pay the return shipping (insured for $500). Additional charges may apply for insuring packages over $500. Due to the extra shipping costs involved for these areas, we do not ship shipping kits for those orders. Heritage Couture™ and customers who purchase shipping kits will receive a credit for the shipping kit.
Other garment care orders (i.e. christening gowns, communion gowns, uniforms, etc.) located outside of the continental USA may also acrue additional shipping charges.
Instructions and Shipping
After you order, we will send you shipping instructions including a pre-paid shipping label via email. Heritage Couture™ orders (and other customers who purchase a shipping kit) will also receive a shipping kit with box, tape, FedEx label and instructions via US postal service or FedEx ground shipping.
Our shipping kit includes a shipping box that is 20″ x 20″ x 12″. Most wedding gowns fit in this box without difficulties. Please note that using a shipping box larger than this will incur a $35 overcharge fee. If your dress is very large and does not fit into a box that size, please call us to discuss.
You may return product purchases in new condition within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. You will be responsible for return shipping costs. We will pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.)
If you need to return an item, please call us at 866-268-4696 or email us at email@example.com.
Garment Care Cancellations
Refunds will be given for paid, garment care orders cancelled within 90 days of purchase. After 90 days store credit will be given for cancelled orders.
Treatment Plan Acceptance
Please note that payment of your order constitutes your acceptance of our treatment plans. Consequently, please take a moment to review the Gown Care page that best pertains to your order and note the treatment methods and any risks or concerns that may apply to your garment.
After we receive your wedding gown, we will confirm your original quote or make any necessary adjustments. We will notify you of the final costs and planned treatment plan by email. If you do not accept the final costs or treatment plan, you have 30 days to contact Heritage Garment Preservation to discuss your concerns and/or have your gown returned to you at no charge.
You are protected with several warranties, such as our 30 day satisfaction guarantee and specific warranties against yellowing (depending on Service package selected) or 5 year restoration warranty. Please note that a signed release is required and all preservation materials must first be returned before obtaining a refund after services are performed. Heritage Garment Preservation also reserves the right to correct any problems before issuing refunds.
For orders selecting to Pay Later, we will send your invoice to you by email after we receive your wedding gown and confirm your estimate. You may make your payment by:
- Send us a check for your order total. Please put your order number in the memo section of the check and/or send a copy of your invoice with your check. Send payment to:
Heritage Garment Preservation
4592 E 2nd St Ste N
Benicia, CA 94510
- Pay with credit card online:heritagegown.com/invoice-payments You will need your Order Number and balance total.
- Set up a Payment Plan (like a layaway) and have your order total divided into three monthly payments that are charged automatically to your credit or debit card. Download and fill out our Payment Plan form and fax or mail it to us (details are on the form. If you prefer a different payment plan (weekly, bi monthly, etc.) please call us at 866-268-4696 Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (Pacific time) to set it up.
The following are our payment terms for invoiced customers to help keep your costs down and reduce our risks and liabilities as well.
- After we receive your wedding dress and send you your final costs and treatment plan, you have 30 days to approve or reject our plan. If you do not approve your final costs or treatment plan, please discuss your concerns with a member of our staff. If no agreement can be reached, we will ship your garments back to you free of charge.
- After 30 days, if we have not heard from you, we will assume approval of your garment treatment plan and proceed with garment care. Unpaid invoice balances will accrue interest charges of 1 1/2% per month.
- Full Payment must be received within 90 days of garment care or garments will be subject to California civil code section 3066:http://law.onecle.com/california/civil/3066.html
California civil code summary: 90 days after garment care is completed, unpaid invoices will result in the garment being sold to recover the costs of cleaning, repairs, etc. Notice will be given to customer by registered mail 30 days before sale. Any surplus from sale of garment, over the unpaid balance, will be paid to customer upon request (within 12 months.)
These terms may be subject to change periodically.