5 Tips For Wedding Dress Cleaning and Preservation
Getting wedding dress cleaning and preservation for your wedding gown soon as possible after your wedding ensures that your bridal gown remains in the best condition. But, there are many bridal gown preservation options available, all claiming to be the best. It can be very confusing. This report is designed to help you make the best educated decision on the care of your wedding gown.
This report should only take about ten minutes to read and will cover why wedding gown cleaning and preservation is important, how museums preserve their heirloom dresses, the different cleaning solvents dry-cleaners use for wedding dress cleaning and the pros and cons of each one – which is safest and which you should avoid. Also discussed are the goals of wedding dress preservation, the different methods of preservation available and the benefits of each. So take a few minutes to learn before your decide who you should trust with your wedding gown care.
- Why Wedding Dress Preservation is Critical Learn why neglected wedding gowns run the risk of yellowing and developing brown oxidation spots.
- A Case StudyOxygen is not the enemy you think it is…
- Determining the Best Wedding Dress Preservation To choose the best wedding dress preservation method, learn how museums preserve heirloom dresses.
- Wedding Gown CleaningLearn if you can trust your local dry cleaner with wedding dress cleaning with the right questions to ask. Discover which solvents are safe for wedding gowns…
- Wet cleaning
- Dry-cleaning solvent options
- Petroleum based solvent
- Essential questions to ask to find the best cleaner for wedding dresses
- Wedding Dress Preservation Discover the goals of wedding dress preservation and how to best achieve those goals…
- Prevent Yellowing
- Permanent Creasing Risks
- Mildew and Mold Risks
- Prevent Oxidation spots
- Light and Dust Protection
- Wedding Dress Preservation Options Learn the three types of wedding dress preservation and the benefits of each type…
Learn about Heritage Garment Preservation – The Wedding Gown Preservation Company who provides TLC to your wedding gown.