Museum Method™ Wedding Dress Preservation
Museum Method Preservation uses a hanging method of gown preservation and will keep your gown in better condition than boxing or sealing it.
You will love it!
- Your gown is easily accessible. You can inspect your gown to ensure that it has been cleaned to your satisfaction and admire it any time you like.
- Your dress is protected from damage from wrinkles and creases. Fabric, like paper, is weakened from folding, often resulting in tears or permanent creases. With Museum Method creases and wrinkles are almost non-existent!
- Your dress is protected from acid migration. The acid-free tissue absorbs acid which could damage your gown.
- Your dress fabric can breathe! Museum conservators all agree that heirloom garments need to breathe. Our cotton cover does not seal in any moisture or chemicals, thus reducing the risk of damage from mildew or chemicals.
- Your dress is protected. Our garment bag is made from natural, acid-free cotton, the first choice in preservation for centuries. Our bag has no zippers that could snag or rust. It also has a pocket in front to keep the cotton gloves that we include. (You should wear these gloves any time you would like to inspect your dress.)
- Your preservation bag can be personalized! You can choose to add a custom label to your preservation bag with the bride and groom's names, and wedding date and location on it. It is ironed onto the bag's front pocket to personalize it.
- You can store a wedding photo and a a written story of your special day in the back pocket of the preservation bag.
- Strapless gowns can also be preserved in a preservation bag. We will sew cotton straps into the lining of the gown to hang it. And the gown is very well supported with acid-free tissue in the bodice as well.
Museum Method™ Preservation will keep your bridal gown in better condition than boxing or sealing it.